Vikings 27, 49ers 24
I was feeling pretty good about my upset pick until Brett Favre heaved up a miracle touchdown in the last minute.
What we learned:
Brett Favre can still heave the long ball Yes, his every move is covered and it is annoying to the point that I kind of hate the man, but you can't deny he always threw a great long ball. And he showed last week why he's still a cut above the other options the Vikings have at QB. It would have been an entertaining play if I didn't see it 6,000 times this week.
Both the Vikings and 49ers are good teams This was a good matchup between two quality teams. They played evenly for almost the whole game, and the 49ers showed they aren't going anywhere.
Shaun Hill is a serviceable QB Hill was poised the whole game and led the 49ers down the field on what appeared to be the game-winning TD drive. Hill showed great leadership and has been a decent quarterback all year.
Bengals 23, Steelers 20
The Bengals looked good and the Steelers looked bad in a very surprising upset.
What we learned:
The Steelers have issues
They just have not looked like the defending champs to open up the season. Jeff Reed has missed goals, the offensive line looks like a big concern once again, and the defense isn't the dominate force it was last year. No doubt this has a lot to do with Polamalu's injury. My guess is they'll right the ship, but it will be interesting the next few weeks
The Bengals are much better than expected
I'm not going to pull a Denny Green here and say "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!!" because it simply isn't true. The Bengals offense has clicked, and their defense looks okay. I still think they're a long shot to make the playoffs, but who knows?
Chargers 23, Dolphins 13
Chad Pennington went down and may be out for the year, and the Chargers controlled this one the whole way.
What we learned:
The Dolphins are in trouble Without Pennington and with a 0-3 record, the Dolphins chances of making the playoffs are very, very slim. I predicted them to be worse this year, but without their QB they will fall even further.
The Chargers should still take down the West The Broncos may be 3-0, but the Bengals are the best team they've played and they got a miracle to win that one. The Chargers still look like the best in the West.
Week 4 Key Matchups
New York Jets @ New Orleans
New Orleans has the best offense in the league, and looks to stop the amazing early year run by the Rex Ryan-led Jets. The Jets are led by a suffocating defense and early season ROTY favorite Mark Sanchez. It seems to be good luck for the Jets when I pick against them, but I'm doing it again, because I think New Orleans' offense will be too good for them to contain. I like the Saints, 31-21
San Diego @ Pittsburgh
The Chargers looked good last week, while the Steelers did not. But can the Steelers really go to 1-3? I think they scratch and claw their way to a win out of necessity. I like the Steelers, 17-14.
Baltimore @ New England
The Ravens are 3-0, and are coming off a dominating performance in Cleveland. The Patriots still haven't looked like they should, but it may get better this week if Wes Welker comes back. I think the Pats can utilize the short passing game to offset the Ravens' blitz in this game, so I'm taking the Patriots, 21-17.
No comments:
Post a Comment